Ecolab, a maker of cleaning supplies, commercial laundry detergents, and pest elimination chemicals, with 2012 revenue of more than 40 billion USD and a 2011 Fortune 500 ranking of 365, is a major global company, but little known to the average consumer. It is seeking to change that by expanding into ecological and natural personal care consumer-facing products. Students are asked to assess the attractiveness of the market by practicing market sizing and scoping.
Ecolab: Is Green the New Black?
by: John Branch
Click on any button below to view the available document.
Make sure you are registered and/or logged in to our site to view product documents. Once registered & approved, faculty, staff, & course aggregators will have access to full inspection copies and teaching notes for any of our materials.
If you need to make copies, you MUST purchase the corresponding number of permissions, and you must own a single copy of the product.
Electronic Downloads are available immediately after purchase. "Quantity" reflects the number of copies you intend to use. Unauthorized distribution of these files is prohibited pursuant to term of use of this website.
This product has a teaching note available. Available only to Registered Educators. Please login to view it.
After reading and discussing the material, students should:
- Apply critical concepts to define a solution to the case.
- Critically analyze and discuss other responses and solutions to the case.
- Draw lessons from the case analysis.
- Generalize the case's teachings to other business challenges and decisions in organizations other than the one analyzed in this case study.
- Demonstrate leadership and scholarship in analysis.