Schaeffler Technologies AG and Co. HG is a leading manufacturer of bearings for the automotive industry, marketing its products under the INA and FAG brands. Although the company’s headquarters are in Germany, it operates sales subsidiaries, engineering offices, R&D facilities, and production plants in more than 50 countries. It employs 75,000 people, and in 2012 generated about 12 billion EUR (approximately 10 billion USD). The case examines whether the company should enter the rapidly developing Peruvian economy.
Schaeffler: Opportunities in Peru?
by: John Branch
Click on any button below to view the available document.
Make sure you are registered and/or logged in to our site to view product documents. Once registered & approved, faculty, staff, & course aggregators will have access to full inspection copies and teaching notes for any of our materials.
If you need to make copies, you MUST purchase the corresponding number of permissions, and you must own a single copy of the product.
Electronic Downloads are available immediately after purchase. "Quantity" reflects the number of copies you intend to use. Unauthorized distribution of these files is prohibited pursuant to term of use of this website.
This product has a teaching note available. Available only to Registered Educators. Please login to view it.
After reading and discussing the material, students should:
- Apply critical concepts to define a solution to the case.
- Critically analyze and discuss other responses and solutions to the case.
- Draw lessons from the case analysis.
- Generalize the case's teachings to other business challenges and decisions in organizations other than the one analyzed in this case study.
- Demonstrate leadership and scholarship in analysis.