- Wednesday, December 14, 2022; 10:00 a.m. EST. “Competition Overview & Case Writing Tips” ACCESS RECORDING
Case Writing Documents & Links:
Sample Case Studies:
Case Writing Books:
- Ellet, William. The Case Study Handbook: How to Read, Discuss, and Write Persuasively About Cases. Harvard Business Press, 2007.
- Leenders, Michiel R., Louise A. Mauffette-Leenders and James A. Erskine. Writing Cases, 4th ed., Richard Ivey School of Business, 2001.
Information about Energy Innovation:
Articles and Reports
- “Best Practices in Electric Mobility.” United Nations Industrial Development Organization, 2020. https://www.unido.org/sites/default/files/files/2020-08/UNIDO_Electric_Mobility_Paper.pdf.
- “Catalyzing Climate Finance for Low-Carbon Agriculture Enterprises.” Shell Foundation, 2022. https://shellfoundation.org/learning/catalysing-climate-finance-for-low-carbon-agriculture-enterprises/.
- “Clean Energy and the Circular Economy: Opportunities for Increasing the Stability of Renewable Energy Value Chains.” U.S. Agency for International Development, Oct. 2021. https://www.usaid.gov/sites/default/files/documents/2021-USAID-SURE-Clean-Energy-and-Circular-Economy-Opportunities-Assessment-R.pdf.
- “E-Mobility Solutions for Rural Sub-Saharan Africa: Leveraging Economic, Social and Environmental Change.” Siemens Stiftung, 2020. https://www.siemens-stiftung.org/wp-content/uploads/medien/publikationen/publication-emobility-emobilitysolutionsforruralsubsaharanafrica-siemensstiftung.pdf.
- “Energy.” The World Bank. https://www.worldbank.org/en/topic/energy/overview.
- “How Lithium Batteries Can Help Address Africa’s Access to Power Deficit.” Shell Foundation, 13 July 2022. https://shellfoundation.org/learning/how-lithium-batteries-can-help-address-africas-access-to-power-deficit/.
- “New Analysis on Financing e-Vehicles in Sub-Saharan Africa.” Shell Foundation, 8 Feb. 2022. https://shellfoundation.org/learning/new-analysis-on-financing-evs-in-sub-saharan-africa/.
- “Off-Grid Solar Market Assessments and Additional Resources.” U.S. Agency for International Development, 14 Nov. 2022. https://www.usaid.gov/powerafrica/beyondthegrid/off-grid-solar-market-assessments#assessments.
- “The Holistic Impact on Low-Income Communities of Battery-as-a-Service in Rural Tanzania.” Shell Foundation, 24 Oct. 2022. https://shellfoundation.org/learning/the-holistic-impact-on-low-income-communities-of-battery-as-a-service-in-rural-tanzania/.
- “Understanding How Solar Powered Decentralised Food Processing can Increase Value-Chain Efficiency.” Shell Foundation, 29 Apr. 2022. https://shellfoundation.org/learning/understanding-how-solar-powered-decentralised-food-processing-can-increase-value-chain-efficiency/.
- “World Energy Outlook 2022.” International Energy Agency, Oct. 2022. https://www.iea.org/reports/world-energy-outlook-2022.
- Batchelor, Simon and Ed Brown. “Editorial for Special Issue: ‘Clean Energy Innovations: Challenges and Strategies for Low and Middle Income Countries.’” Energies, 2021. https://www.mdpi.com/1996-1073/14/24/8577.
- Benti, Natei Ermias, et al. “The current status, challenges and prospects of using biomass energy in Ethiopia.” Biotechnol Biofuels, vol. 14, no. 1, 2021, p. 209. doi: 10.1186/s13068-021-02060-3.
- Ferguson, Ronan, et al. “2022 Clean Cooking Industry Snapshot.” Clean Cookstove Alliance, 2022. https://cleancooking.org/reports-and-tools/2022-clean-cooking-industry-snapshot/.
- Kulichenko, Natalia and Eleanor Ereira. “Carbon Capture and Storage in Developing Countries: A Perspective on Barriers to Deployment.” The World Bank, 2012. https://openknowledge.worldbank.org/handle/10986/9369.
- Sharma, Sarthak. “Energy Transition Hurdles: Framing Development Assistance for LMICs in the Energy Domain.” CSIS Blog, 21 July 2022. https://www.csis.org/blogs/development-dispatches/energy-transition-hurdles.
- Tsafos, Nick and Lachlan Carey. “Energy Transitions in Emerging Economies: What Success Looks Like and How to Replicate It.” CSIS, 8 Dec. 2020. https://www.csis.org/analysis/energy-transitions-emerging-economies-what-success-looks-and-how-replicate-it.
- Zhdannikov, Dmitry and Gareth Jones. “World Needs Extra $1.3 Trln Energy Investment by 2030 – JP Morgan.” Reuters, 20 Apr. 2022. https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/world-needs-extra-13-trln-energy-investment-by-2030-jp-morgan-2022-04-20/.
- “TechEmerge: Accelerating Innovation in Emerging Markets.” YouTube, uploaded by International Finance Corporation, 1 Sept. 2020, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89vKKyxCEIw.
- “The Top 3 Renewable Energy Innovations in 2021.” YouTube, uploaded by Global Manufacturing & Industrialisation Summit, 29 July 2021, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8Fbs57WhlM.
- “COP26 – Innovative Clean Energy Financing in Emerging Markets.” YouTube, uploaded by Hitachi Energy, 3 Nov. 2021. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkXJvs8lutQ