Uber is controversial everywhere it goes. The company has been banned in several cities in India after the alleged rape of a female passenger in Delhi. In other cities around the world it has similarly been banned due to licensing issues, but the company continues to operate despite the bans. Some may see the company as scrappy, while others think the way it conducts itself is abrasive, unethical, and downright illegal. Students are asked to delve into this disruptive startup and analyze how technology can impact business models while assessing the challenges of adhering to a sound ethical plan in the face of an agile business environment.
Uber Technologies, Inc.: Global Strategies, Local Challenges
by: Surinder Batra
Click on any button below to view the available document.
Make sure you are registered and/or logged in to our site to view product documents. Once registered & approved, faculty, staff, & course aggregators will have access to full inspection copies and teaching notes for any of our materials.
If you need to make copies, you MUST purchase the corresponding number of permissions, and you must own a single copy of the product.
Electronic Downloads are available immediately after purchase. "Quantity" reflects the number of copies you intend to use. Unauthorized distribution of these files is prohibited pursuant to term of use of this website.
This product has a teaching note available. Available only to Registered Educators. Please login to view it.
After reading and discussing the material, students should:
- Assess disruption in business models created through innovative use of technology.
- Examine growth strategies adopted by technology-based entrepreneurs amid the challenges of facing entrenched and newly emerging competition.
- Analyze the regulatory challenges a technology-intensive start-up may face.
- Identify and confront critical issues related to business ethics.
- Apply strategic management concepts relevant to emerging technologies.