The BTPN B case finds protagonist Jerry Ng and his management team choosing all three of the strategic options mentioned in the A case, and carefully sequencing the options so that they align with their business strategy’s competitive position, key resources, capabilities, and requisite system changes. BTPN’s vision is “to be the best mass-market bank, making a difference in the lives of millions.” Students are challenged to recommend actions the mid-size bank can take to achieve this vision through integration of new products, new markets, and new technologies into its differentiated business model.
BTPN B: Banking for the Bottom of the Pyramid in Indonesia
Click on any button below to view the available document.
Make sure you are registered and/or logged in to our site to view product documents. Once registered & approved, faculty, staff, & course aggregators will have access to full inspection copies and teaching notes for any of our materials.
If you need to make copies, you MUST purchase the corresponding number of permissions, and you must own a single copy of the product.
Electronic Downloads are available immediately after purchase. "Quantity" reflects the number of copies you intend to use. Unauthorized distribution of these files is prohibited pursuant to term of use of this website.
This product has a teaching note available. Available only to Registered Educators. Please login to view it.
After reading and discussing the material, students should:
- Describe the social, political, and market dynamics of a developing economy (Indonesia).
- Evaluate BTPN’s current strategy, including its business model, industry, SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) analysis, and competitive position.
- Assess BTPN’s current systems for operations, process management, technology, human resource management, and data management.
- Decide how BTPN should evaluate new markets (BoP), new products, and/or new systems.
- Develop executable recommendations tied to BTPN’s business model and competitive strategy.