How do you convince American parents living in the Midwest to hire tutors from India? How do you convince them to hire a tutor that they and their children will never meet in person? Can you build a personal connection between students and tutors when they are separated by thousands of miles and come from vastly different cultures? These are questions that faced Krishnan Ganesh as he began thinking about remote tutoring. A year later he founded TutorVista, an internet-based remote tutoring services company. So far, the remote tutoring firm seems to have the right answers to all of the questions above.
Business Model Innovation at TutorVista: Personalization and Global Resource Leverage
by: C.K. Prahalad, M.S. Krishnan
Core Disciplines: Communications, Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Information - Technology & Management, International Business, Operations Management/Supply Chain, Strategy & Management
Click on any button below to view the available document.
Make sure you are registered and/or logged in to our site to view product documents. Once registered & approved, faculty, staff, & course aggregators will have access to full inspection copies and teaching notes for any of our materials.
If you need to make copies, you MUST purchase the corresponding number of permissions, and you must own a single copy of the product.
Electronic Downloads are available immediately after purchase. "Quantity" reflects the number of copies you intend to use. Unauthorized distribution of these files is prohibited pursuant to term of use of this website.
This product has a teaching note available. Available only to Registered Educators. Please login to view it.
After reading and discussing the material, students should:
- Describe appropriate business terms and principles
- Apply critical concepts to define a solution to the case,
- Successfully articulate data and information in support of the solution proposed,
- Critically analyze and discuss other responses and solutions to the case,
- Draw lessons from the case analysis,
- Generalize the case's teachings to other business challenges and decisions in organizations other than the one analyzed in this case study,
- Demonstrate leadership and scholarship in analysis.