Aparajitha is a company that has thrived in the booming economic climate of India. Due to the network of contacts and bank of knowledge it has developed, Aparajitha will be difficult for larger multinationals to supplant. This case illustrates organizational relationships inside and outside the firm; relationships that give it comparative advantages that could be applied in other areas of business. The case asks students where should the company do next? geographic expansion? or product expansion? or service expansion?
Aparajitha: Developing a Thinking Organization
Click on any button below to view the available document.
Make sure you are registered and/or logged in to our site to view product documents. Once registered & approved, faculty, staff, & course aggregators will have access to full inspection copies and teaching notes for any of our materials.
If you need to make copies, you MUST purchase the corresponding number of permissions, and you must own a single copy of the product.
Electronic Downloads are available immediately after purchase. "Quantity" reflects the number of copies you intend to use. Unauthorized distribution of these files is prohibited pursuant to term of use of this website.
This product has a teaching note available. Available only to Registered Educators. Please login to view it.
After reading and discussing the material, students should:
- Describe the internal organizational and make-or-buy issues relevant to the case.
- Explore the application of information flow analysis to this specific company.
- Identify the agents involved in the provision of the products & services relevant to this case, and describe their roles.
- Examine the layers of complexity involved in the information transfer among the various agents involved in the case at both inter-firm and intra-firm levels.
- Analyze the potential for this organization to expand.