Offering solid practice for students of accounting, this exercise presents A&E Shirts LLC, a budding retail company that is balancing its books for its first month of business operations. The exercise is designed to introduce students to basic accounting principles as well as different accounting documents including: balance sheets, income statements, and statements of retained earnings.
A&E Shirts, LLC: Assessing First Month Financial Performance
by: Greg Miller, Hal White
Core Disciplines: Accounting/Finance
Click on any button below to view the available document.
Make sure you are registered and/or logged in to our site to view product documents. Once registered & approved, faculty, staff, & course aggregators will have access to full inspection copies and teaching notes for any of our materials.
If you need to make copies, you MUST purchase the corresponding number of permissions, and you must own a single copy of the product.
Electronic Downloads are available immediately after purchase. "Quantity" reflects the number of copies you intend to use. Unauthorized distribution of these files is prohibited pursuant to term of use of this website.
This product does not have a teaching note.
After reading and discussing the material, students should:
- Describe appropriate business terms and principles appropriate to this exercise
- Apply critical concepts from earlier learning to define a solution to the case
- Successfully articulate data and information in support of the solution proposed
- Critically analyze and discuss other responses and solutions to the case
- Draw lessons from the case analysis
- Apply the lessons of this case to other business challenges and decisions in organizations other than the one analyzed in this case study
- Demonstrate leadership and scholarship in analysis.