Julia Dy Mendoza, owner of Tri Nova Catering Services, is considering divesting her company of its catering operations and growing canteen operations, or continuing to grow the catering side of her business. She has been in operation for a decade and a half, and at age 58, is not ready to retire. Still, mistakes made by her service crew due to a high turnover rate are increasingly impacting operations. Students are asked to perform a SWOT analysis to identify factors that will influence Mendoza’s decision-making; assess the implications of Tri Nova’s financial performance on its potential strategies; and apply four steps of the strategic formulation process for Mendoza. In doing so, they will recommend strategies for Mendoza to consider as her critical next steps. This case is relevant to undergraduate and graduate courses, and is well-suited to modules on general management or strategic management.
Tri Nova Catering Services Well-Fed or Fed Up?
Click on any button below to view the available document.
Make sure you are registered and/or logged in to our site to view product documents. Once registered & approved, faculty, staff, & course aggregators will have access to full inspection copies and teaching notes for any of our materials.
If you need to make copies, you MUST purchase the corresponding number of permissions, and you must own a single copy of the product.
Electronic Downloads are available immediately after purchase. "Quantity" reflects the number of copies you intend to use. Unauthorized distribution of these files is prohibited pursuant to term of use of this website.
This product has a teaching note available. Available only to Registered Educators. Please login to view it.
After reading and discussing the material, students should:
- Describe the six steps of the strategic management process.
- Evaluate the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats of Tri Nova.
- Identify the roles resources, capabilities, and core competencies play in crafting strategies and evaluate these in the context of Tri Nova.
- Evaluate Tri Nova’s financial performance and its implications on strategy.
- Apply four of the six steps of the strategic management process to craft strategies for Tri Nova.