Mai Maunto, dean of the College of Information Technology, oversees the printing and issuing of IDs to the university’s students and employees, but the process has been plagued by delays and backlogs. Maunto is sure that a more efficient solution – one that takes into account system and database requirements – can be found. Students are asked to propose a new process flow and to create an Entity Relationship Diagram of for a new ID system.
No ID, No Entry
Click on any button below to view the available document.
Make sure you are registered and/or logged in to our site to view product documents. Once registered & approved, faculty, staff, & course aggregators will have access to full inspection copies and teaching notes for any of our materials.
If you need to make copies, you MUST purchase the corresponding number of permissions, and you must own a single copy of the product.
Electronic Downloads are available immediately after purchase. "Quantity" reflects the number of copies you intend to use. Unauthorized distribution of these files is prohibited pursuant to term of use of this website.
This product has a teaching note available. Available only to Registered Educators. Please login to view it.
After reading and discussing the material, students should:
- Identify different business analysis techniques and implement a chosen technique relative to the case.
- Show how system and database requirements can be approached, traced, and prioritized in the development of a new ID system.
- Build an elicitation activity, defining the specific activities that can be conducted in the proposed ID system.
- Integrate user interface requirements as well as use cases, scenarios, database and business rules for the proposed system.
- Illustrate system management, testing, usability and database architecture based on the delays in ID production and issuance.