Jose Estrella is proud of what he has been able to accomplish since taking on the administrator position at the Intramuros Administration. Just a couple of years ago Maestranza plaza had a sewage like smell and few if any people wanted to visit. Now it was a bustling tourist attraction known for its historical significance. Still Estrella wondered if Intramuros could be known for something other than a place of learning about old things. Students are asked to take on the manager’s role and assume responsibility for executing the marketing function.
Looking Beyond the Walls
Click on any button below to view the available document.
Make sure you are registered and/or logged in to our site to view product documents. Once registered & approved, faculty, staff, & course aggregators will have access to full inspection copies and teaching notes for any of our materials.
If you need to make copies, you MUST purchase the corresponding number of permissions, and you must own a single copy of the product.
Electronic Downloads are available immediately after purchase. "Quantity" reflects the number of copies you intend to use. Unauthorized distribution of these files is prohibited pursuant to term of use of this website.
This product has a teaching note available. Available only to Registered Educators. Please login to view it.
After reading and discussing the material, students should:
- Analyze an organization’s and/or destination’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats and identify the appropriate use for the information from the analysis.
- Examine an organization’s goals and objectives and evaluate their effect on the management of a destination.
- Identify the crucial steps in developing and managing a tourism destination brand.
- Conceptualize a destination image or brand values.
- Formulate a marketing communications plan.