The Grand Xing Imperial Hotel is one of four hotels in the Grand Hotels chain in Iloilo City, the Philippines. Each hotel has a distinctive style and clientele. Mr. Shem Ganzon, Special Assistant to the General Manager of Grand Xing, must devise a marketing strategy for the hotel to increase sales and profitability, but without negatively competing with the affiliate hotels. Students learn about the hotel’s operations, four revenue centers, staff and challenges as they propose a suitable new marketing strategy for the hotel.
Grand Xing Imperial Hotel: Seeking Sales Romance for the Love Month
Click on any button below to view the available document.
Make sure you are registered and/or logged in to our site to view product documents. Once registered & approved, faculty, staff, & course aggregators will have access to full inspection copies and teaching notes for any of our materials.
If you need to make copies, you MUST purchase the corresponding number of permissions, and you must own a single copy of the product.
Electronic Downloads are available immediately after purchase. "Quantity" reflects the number of copies you intend to use. Unauthorized distribution of these files is prohibited pursuant to term of use of this website.
This product has a teaching note available. Available only to Registered Educators. Please login to view it.
After reading and discussing the material, students should:
- Create a marketing strategy to attract specific customer groups.
- Assess whether the marketing strategy is customer-, product- or selling-oriented.
- Determine which marketing concept works best in a hospitality organization.
- Know the difference in marketing and managing customer expectations in a service oriented industry compared to other industries.
- Critique marketing strategies provided by peers.
- Judge which marketing strategy is most beneficial to the organization and its stakeholders.