The Gamma Medical School Group (GMSG) case explores the strategic problems facing the groups’s medical staff chief as he goes about preparing recommendations his boss will deliver to the GMSG Board of Trustees on how the hospital should allocate beds in its new building. GMSG is a tertiary hospital and medical school in Davao City, Philippines. The hospital is seeking to become the best Davao-based hospital after this expansion. Students are asked to shift through the details in the case to identify information that is relevant to the ultimate decision. They will establish an operations research tool and develop a mathematical model around that tool to find the optimal solution.
Gamma Medical School Group At Your Service
Click on any button below to view the available document.
Make sure you are registered and/or logged in to our site to view product documents. Once registered & approved, faculty, staff, & course aggregators will have access to full inspection copies and teaching notes for any of our materials.
If you need to make copies, you MUST purchase the corresponding number of permissions, and you must own a single copy of the product.
Electronic Downloads are available immediately after purchase. "Quantity" reflects the number of copies you intend to use. Unauthorized distribution of these files is prohibited pursuant to term of use of this website.
This product has a teaching note available. Available only to Registered Educators. Please login to view it.
After reading and discussing the material, students should:
- Identify the operational issue/problem to be optimized.
- Enumerate the relevant conditions or constraints that should be considered.
- Explore appropriate operations research tools to find solutions to the optimization problem.
- Establish a mathematical model of the operations research tool chosen to find possible solutions.
- Select and support solutions to address the optimization problem.