In this strategic planning case, Fernando Viloria, administrator for Dadiangas General Hospital, faces a situation common in family-owned businesses. The patriarch and chairman of the company wants to embark on an expansion project, but Viloria knows that due diligence and assessments of the proposed expansion have not been done. Students are asked to recommend actions that can be taken to properly evaluate the viability of the project.
Dadiangas General Hospital: A Strategic Approach to Scaling Greater Heights
by: Thaddeus Acuna
Click on any button below to view the available document.
Make sure you are registered and/or logged in to our site to view product documents. Once registered & approved, faculty, staff, & course aggregators will have access to full inspection copies and teaching notes for any of our materials.
If you need to make copies, you MUST purchase the corresponding number of permissions, and you must own a single copy of the product.
Electronic Downloads are available immediately after purchase. "Quantity" reflects the number of copies you intend to use. Unauthorized distribution of these files is prohibited pursuant to term of use of this website.
This product has a teaching note available. Available only to Registered Educators. Please login to view it.
After reading and discussing the material, students should:
- Appreciate the significance of strategic planning as an approach for attaining corporate objectives and ensuring successful implementation of projects.
- Identify the peculiar issues that affect family enterprises compared to large corporations, and discuss their impact on the attainment of corporate objectives.
- Integrate internal and external environmental factor analyses to strategic planning.
- Utilize different planning models, tools and approaches in strategic planning.
- Articulate a strategic planning process in the context of SMEs, particularly family enterprises.