We have conducted two (2) informational webinars regarding the DEI Global Case Writing Competition, as follows:
Please feel free to view the webinar recordings above. If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com
Information about DEI:
Here is a list of reference materials about the diversity, equity and inclusion topic in the United States and globally:
- Flaherty, Colleen. “Diversity Work, Interrupted.” Inside Higher Ed, 9 Oct. 2020. https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2020/10/07/colleges-cancel-diversity-programs-response-trump-order?utm_source=Inside+Higher+Ed&utm_campaign=f1a441fbbf-WNU_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_1fcbc04421-f1a441fbbf-198424117&mc_cid=f1a441fbbf&mc_eid=1aa6264824.
- Sellers, Robert M. “Black and Exhausted in America.” The Chronicle of Higher Education, 3 June 2020. https://www.chronicle.com/article/how-long-must-we-wait.
- Alvarez, Maximillian. “Slouching Toward Equity: The lonely task of the chief diversity officer.” The Chronicle of Higher Education, 10 Sept. 2020. https://www.chronicle.com/article/slouching-toward-equity?cid2=gen_login_refresh&cid=gen_sign_in.
- Hecht, Ben. “Moving Beyond Diversity to Racial Equity.” Harvard Business Review, 16 June 2020. https://hbr.org/2020/06/moving-beyond-diversity-toward-racial-equity.
- Andrew, Scottie and Leah Asmelash. “The race-related things that have changed since protests began around George Floyd’s death.” CNN, 13 June 2020. https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/13/us/changes-from-protests-george-floyd-trnd/index.html.
- Losavio, Joseph. “George Floyd: these are the injustices that led to the protests in the United States.” World Economic Forum, 5 June 2020. www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/06/this-is-what-has-led-to-george-floyd-protests-in-the-united-states/.
- Denworth, Lydia. “A Civil Rights Expert Explains the Social Science of Police Racism.” Scientific American, 4 June 2020. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/a-civil-rights-expert-explains-the-social-science-of-police-racism/.
- Warmbrodt, Zachary. “Purity Test: Democrats Clash Over Biden Diversity Goals.” Politico, 7 Sept. 2020. https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/07/biden-diversity-purity-test-409245.
- “Diversity and Inclusion: An Asia Pacific Perspective.” Mercer, 2014. https://www.asean.mercer.com/content/dam/mercer/attachments/asia-pacific/asia/Mercer_Diversity_and_Inclusion_An_Asia_Pacific_Perspective_ExecutiveSummary_10661D-HC.pdf.
- Manterola, Cristina. “Reinforcing the Need for Diversity in Latin America’s Boardrooms.” Egon Zehnder, 4 Sept. 2019. https://www.egonzehnder.com/what-we-do/diversity-inclusion/insights/reinforcing-the-need-for-diversity-in-latin-americas-boardrooms.
- Ainscow, Mel. “Diversity and Equity: A Global Education Challenge.” New Zealand Journal of Educational Studies, vol. 51, no. 2, 2016, pp. 143-55. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40841-016-0056-x#Abs1.
- Chigudu, Daniel. “Strength in diversity: An opportunity for Africa’s development.” Cogent Social Sciences, vol. 4, no. 1, 2018, 1558715. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/23311886.2018.1558715.
- Warner, Chuck. “Why Is European Tech Still Failing On Diversity And Inclusion?” Forbes, 25 Nov. 2019. https://www.forbes.com/sites/checkwarner/2019/11/25/why-is-european-tech-still-failing-on-diversity-and-inclusion/#4bf12b1917cb.
- Creary, Stephanie. “How to Elevate DEI Work in Your Organization.” Knowledge@Wharton, University of Pennsylvania, 20 July 2020. https://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/elevate-diversity-equity-inclusion-work-organization/.
- Smith, Khalil. “Should I Be Focusing on D&I or… I&D?” Forbes, 9 Jan. 2020. https://www.forbes.com/sites/khalilsmith/2020/01/09/should-i-be-focusing-on-di-or-id/#4b972c5fca47.
- Menzies, Felicity. “Meaningful Metrics for Diversity and Inclusion.” Include-Empower.com. https://cultureplusconsulting.com/2018/10/16/meaning-metrics-for-diversity-and-inclusion/.
- “New Citi GPS Report Estimates $16 Trillion in Lost GDP Due to Racial Inequality in the United States.” Business Wire, 22 Sept. 2020. https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200922006024/en/New-Citi-GPS-Report-Estimates-16-Trillion-in-Lost-GDP-Due-to-Racial-Inequality-in-the-United-States.
- “Chief Diversity Officer at eBay on humanizing diversity and inclusion.” YouTube, uploaded by HR Directors Network, 11 July 2017, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if-5rNeB190.
- “The science of inclusion: Quinetta Roberson at TEDxVillanovaU.” YouTube, uploaded by TEDx Talks, 8 Jan. 2014, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS7ID8VClko&feature=emb_logo.
- Ellsworth, Diana, et al. “Sustaining and strengthening inclusion in our new remote environment.” McKinsey & Company, 22 July 2020. https://www.mckinsey.com/business-functions/organization/our-insights/sustaining-and-strengthening-inclusion-in-our-new-remote-environment#.
Case Writing Documents & Links:
- WDI Publishing: How to Write a Business Case Study
- WDI Publishing: How to Write a Teaching Note
- Best Practices & Preferred Style for WDI Publishing Cases
- FAQs for Featured Organizations
- MLA Citation Guidelines
- Microsoft Word Endnotes & Footnotes Feature in MLA Style
- Additional case writing resources available here.
Sample Case Studies (Traditional):
- How Do We Get There? EDF Manages a New Diversity Plan
- Darden Restaurants: Diversity and Sustainability Boost Company Bottom Line
- Walmart and Small Producers from the Developing World: Linking Demand with Supply
- Walmart and USAID: The Evolution of a Global Cross-Sector Partnership
- The Dow Chemical Company: The Inseparability of Safety and Business Success
Case Writing Books:
- Ellet, William. The Case Study Handbook: How to Read, Discuss, and Write Persuasively About Cases. Harvard Business Press, 2007.
- Wood, J. David M., et al. Writing Cases, 5th ed., Leenders and Associates Inc., 2019.
Leadership Crisis Challenge Articles:
Leadership Crisis Challenge Video:
Leadership Crisis Challenge Sample:
To review a sample of an existing Leadership Crisis Challenge, please send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for the support of our sponsors. Learn more about them here.
University Diversity &
Social Transformation Professorship