We are currently planning to conduct three (3) informational webinars regarding the DEI Global Case Writing Competition. The webinars are tentatively planned for the following dates, with specific times to be determined:
All webinars will be recorded and made available on this page.
Please check this page frequently as it will soon contain registration links and any updates regarding dates/times. If you would like to receive invitations to our webinars, please email email@example.com to express your interest, as well as provide your name, organization, and email address. Please feel free to tell us what type of information you would like to receive within the webinars.
Information about DEI:
Here is a list of reference materials about the diversity, equity and inclusion topic in the United States and globally:
- Flaherty, Colleen. “Diversity Work, Interrupted.” Inside Higher Ed, 9 Oct. 2020. https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2020/10/07/colleges-cancel-diversity-programs-response-trump-order?utm_source=Inside+Higher+Ed&utm_campaign=f1a441fbbf-WNU_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_1fcbc04421-f1a441fbbf-198424117&mc_cid=f1a441fbbf&mc_eid=1aa6264824.
- Sellers, Robert M. “Black and Exhausted in America.” The Chronicle of Higher Education, 3 June 2020. https://www.chronicle.com/article/how-long-must-we-wait.
- Alvarez, Maximillian. “Slouching Toward Equity: The lonely task of the chief diversity officer.” The Chronicle of Higher Education, 10 Sept. 2020. https://www.chronicle.com/article/slouching-toward-equity?cid2=gen_login_refresh&cid=gen_sign_in.
- Hecht, Ben. “Moving Beyond Diversity to Racial Equity.” Harvard Business Review, 16 June 2020. https://hbr.org/2020/06/moving-beyond-diversity-toward-racial-equity.
- Andrew, Scottie and Leah Asmelash. “The race-related things that have changed since protests began around George Floyd’s death.” CNN, 13 June 2020. https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/13/us/changes-from-protests-george-floyd-trnd/index.html.
- Losavio, Joseph. “George Floyd: these are the injustices that led to the protests in the United States.” World Economic Forum, 5 June 2020. www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/06/this-is-what-has-led-to-george-floyd-protests-in-the-united-states/.
- Denworth, Lydia. “A Civil Rights Expert Explains the Social Science of Police Racism.” Scientific American, 4 June 2020. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/a-civil-rights-expert-explains-the-social-science-of-police-racism/.
- Warmbrodt, Zachary. “Purity Test: Democrats Clash Over Biden Diversity Goals.” Politico, 7 Sept. 2020. https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/07/biden-diversity-purity-test-409245.
- “Diversity and Inclusion: An Asia Pacific Perspective.” Mercer, 2014. https://www.asean.mercer.com/content/dam/mercer/attachments/asia-pacific/asia/Mercer_Diversity_and_Inclusion_An_Asia_Pacific_Perspective_ExecutiveSummary_10661D-HC.pdf.
- Manterola, Cristina. “Reinforcing the Need for Diversity in Latin America’s Boardrooms.” Egon Zehnder, 4 Sept. 2019. https://www.egonzehnder.com/what-we-do/diversity-inclusion/insights/reinforcing-the-need-for-diversity-in-latin-americas-boardrooms.
- Ainscow, Mel. “Diversity and Equity: A Global Education Challenge.” New Zealand Journal of Educational Studies, vol. 51, no. 2, 2016, pp. 143-55. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40841-016-0056-x#Abs1.
- Chigudu, Daniel. “Strength in diversity: An opportunity for Africa’s development.” Cogent Social Sciences, vol. 4, no. 1, 2018, 1558715. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/23311886.2018.1558715.
- Warner, Chuck. “Why Is European Tech Still Failing On Diversity And Inclusion?” Forbes, 25 Nov. 2019. https://www.forbes.com/sites/checkwarner/2019/11/25/why-is-european-tech-still-failing-on-diversity-and-inclusion/#4bf12b1917cb.
- Creary, Stephanie. “How to Elevate DEI Work in Your Organization.” Knowledge@Wharton, University of Pennsylvania, 20 July 2020. https://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/elevate-diversity-equity-inclusion-work-organization/.
- Smith, Khalil. “Should I Be Focusing on D&I or… I&D?” Forbes, 9 Jan. 2020. https://www.forbes.com/sites/khalilsmith/2020/01/09/should-i-be-focusing-on-di-or-id/#4b972c5fca47.
- Menzies, Felicity. “Meaningful Metrics for Diversity and Inclusion.” Include-Empower.com. https://cultureplusconsulting.com/2018/10/16/meaning-metrics-for-diversity-and-inclusion/.
- “New Citi GPS Report Estimates $16 Trillion in Lost GDP Due to Racial Inequality in the United States.” Business Wire, 22 Sept. 2020. https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200922006024/en/New-Citi-GPS-Report-Estimates-16-Trillion-in-Lost-GDP-Due-to-Racial-Inequality-in-the-United-States.
- “Chief Diversity Officer at eBay on humanizing diversity and inclusion.” YouTube, uploaded by HR Directors Network, 11 July 2017, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if-5rNeB190.
- “The science of inclusion: Quinetta Roberson at TEDxVillanovaU.” YouTube, uploaded by TEDx Talks, 8 Jan. 2014, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS7ID8VClko&feature=emb_logo.
- Ellsworth, Diana, et al. “Sustaining and strengthening inclusion in our new remote environment.” McKinsey & Company, 22 July 2020. https://www.mckinsey.com/business-functions/organization/our-insights/sustaining-and-strengthening-inclusion-in-our-new-remote-environment#.
Case Writing Documents & Links:
- WDI Publishing: How to Write a Business Case Study
- WDI Publishing: How to Write a Teaching Note
- Best Practices & Preferred Style for WDI Publishing Cases
- FAQs for Featured Organizations
- MLA Citation Guidelines
- Microsoft Word Endnotes & Footnotes Feature in MLA Style
- Additional case writing resources available here.
Sample Case Studies (Traditional):
- How Do We Get There? EDF Manages a New Diversity Plan
- Darden Restaurants: Diversity and Sustainability Boost Company Bottom Line
- Walmart and Small Producers from the Developing World: Linking Demand with Supply
- Walmart and USAID: The Evolution of a Global Cross-Sector Partnership
- The Dow Chemical Company: The Inseparability of Safety and Business Success
Case Writing Books:
- Ellet, William. The Case Study Handbook: How to Read, Discuss, and Write Persuasively About Cases. Harvard Business Press, 2007.
- Wood, J. David M., et al. Writing Cases, 5th ed., Leenders and Associates Inc., 2019.
Leadership Crisis Challenge Articles:
Leadership Crisis Challenge Video:
Leadership Crisis Challenge Sample:
To review a sample of an existing Leadership Crisis Challenge, please send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for the support of our sponsors. Learn more about them here.
University Diversity &
Social Transformation Professorship