DESCRIPTION: GoodBelly is trying to boost its sales at grocery stores like Whole Foods Market. As a small start-up, GoodBelly must optimize the allocation of its limited marketing budget. It currently promotes through in-person demonstrations in stores, but management is concerned that these demonstrations are not effective enough to justify the cost. It is up to GoodBelly’s student intern, Caroline Dickerson, to evaluate its promotional programs using statistical evidence.
Dickerson will need to apply regression analysis to a GoodBelly— Excel Spreadsheet (WDI Publishing 1-429-273) to determine whether or not the company should continue its promotional programs.
After completing this case, students will be able to:
- Build and select a regression model.
- Use dummy variables.
- Interpret statistical output to generate managerial recommendations.
- Use regression as a prediction device.
- Learn the limitations of Microsoft Excel’s statistical package.
- Evaluate and choose alternative statistical models.
Secondary Tags: None
Sales Rank: #451