DESCRIPTION: This case uses the example of a hospital operating room to teach students how to make decisions based on a quantitative operational analysis. Students are asked to consider issues with capacity and variability, and choose a future action that the hospital must take in order to remedy its delay and waiting problems.
After discussing this case study, students will be able to:
- describe appropriate business terms and principles approriate to this case,
- apply critical concepts from earlier learning to define a solution to the case,
- successfully articulate data and information in support of the solution proposed,
- critically analyze and discuss other responses and solutions to the case,
- draw lessons from the case analysis,
- generalize the learnings of this case to other business challenges and decisions in organizations other than the one analyzed in this case study,
- demonstrate leadership and scholarship in analysis.
Secondary Tags: Healthcare
Sales Rank: #451