DESCRIPTION: The case describes the frustrating experiences of Alice Reinhart who is hired by Autoprime as a production foreman to help their Ohio manufacturing plant transition to Just-in-Time (JIT) production. More than just a process improvement problem, the case asks students to consider all aspects of change management including overcoming resistance at the floor level and the importance of management and incentives in motivating workers and encouraging new initiatives.
After discussing this case study, students will be able to:
- Describe appropriate business terms and principles
- Apply critical concepts to define a solution to the case,
- Successfully articulate data and information in support of the solution proposed,
- Critically analyze and discuss other responses and solutions to the case,
- Draw lessons from the case analysis,
- Generalize the case's teachings to other business challenges and decisions in organizations other than the one analyzed in this case study,
- Demonstrate leadership and scholarship in analysis.
Secondary Tags: Change Management; Consumer Products; Culture; Manufacturing
Sales Rank: #451