DESCRIPTION: Social ventures serving the base of the pyramid can have difficulty recruiting and retaining high quality talent. Acumen Fund, a philanthropic venture capital firm, is trying to find ways to support its portfolio of social ventures in the area of talent management. This case explores Acumen Fund’s talent challenges and what Acumen should do to address them.
After discussing this case study, students will be able to:
- describe appropriate business terms and principles approriate to this case,
- apply critical concepts from earlier learning to define a solution to the case,
- successfully articulate data and information in support of the solution proposed,
- critically analyze and discuss other responses and solutions to the case,
- draw lessons from the case analysis,
- generalize the learnings of this case to other business challenges and decisions in organizations other than the one analyzed in this case study,
- demonstrate leadership and scholarship in analysis.
Secondary Tags: Business and Society; Culture
Sales Rank: #303