DESCRIPTION: This case explores the capacity management challenges facing the Surgical Intensive Care Unit at St. Mary’s Hospital. Recent increases in the number of patients have led to a demand for beds that exceeds the supply, especially at certain times of the week. This has resulted in a number of problems, including increasing costs for the hospital.
After discussing this case study, students will be able to:
- Describe appropriate business terms and principles
- Apply critical concepts to define a solution to the case,
- Successfully articulate data and information in support of the solution proposed,
- Critically analyze and discuss other responses and solutions to the case,
- Draw lessons from the case analysis,
- Generalize the case's teachings to other business challenges and decisions in organizations other than the one analyzed in this case study,
- Demonstrate leadership and scholarship in analysis.
Secondary Tags: Customer Relationship Management; Healthcare
Sales Rank: #451